A No-Kill Animal Shelter
Saving One Life at a Time
Interested in making a difference?
Become A Volunteer!
Whether you walk dogs, groom or help socialize the cats, or assist with a fundraising event, you can make a difference in the lives of animals. When you give animals the gift of your time, you'll get back as much as you give—maybe even more.
Saving One Life at a Time
Copyright © 2012 Roice-Hurst Humane Society. All rights reserved
WE NEED DOG WALKERS!
We have recently changed our dog walker procedures to make it easier for those who want to
help walk and socialize our dogs.
We are no longer requiring a dog walking class, however, you will be given a short 10 minute "mini-class" by one of our staff members to help you get started."
We especially need help getting our dogs out for their morning "potty break" at 7 am every
morning and for the last potty break in the evening starting at 5:30 pm.
If you would like to help us out during these critical times, please indicate your time preferences
on the Volunteer Application.
We also like to get all our dogs out for a nice walk around the walking trail between 10 am and
Of course, you are always welcome and needed throughout the day as well!
If you have not attended one of our past dog walking classes, we do need you to fill out a short form and sign a liability waiver before you walk the dogs.
This form is available on line. It is also available at the front desk during business hours 11 am to 6 pm or 1pm to 4 pm on Sundays. The office is closed on Tuesdays.
However, dog walkers are also needed on Tuesdays, so be sure and sign-up on-line or during
our normal business office hours.
- Dog Walking & Socialization
- Dog Transporting - Taking dogs to vets' office and special events.
- Cat Transporting - Taking cats to vet's office and special events.
- Computer Data Entry, and More.
Be A Foster Mom, Dad, or Family
for Special Needs Pets - Call:
Here are just a few of the benefits of volunteering:
• Be part of the solution. You'll join a network of people working to help save the lives of our communities' homeless dogs and cats.
• Get warm fuzzies. You'll never find a more grateful and accepting friend than an animal you've comforted and helped to find a "Forever Home".
• Keep good company. You'll make lots of new friends—and not just the four-legged kind. Working side by side with people who share similar interests can forge lifelong friendships.
• Meet the new you. You'll discover skills you never knew you had, and you may be surprised at what you're capable of achieving.
• Gain a new career. You'll learn things that may lead you to the career—or career change—of your dreams. Employers and college admissions officers look favorably on time spent in volunteer service.
Sign up to receive the Newsletter!
We can't do it without your help, so please...